Thursday, August 8, 2013

14 Weeks

Well, so much for keeping a detailed journal of this pregnancy!

I was released from care at the Institute for Reproductive Technology right before ten weeks. While under care I had bloodwork done every week; an ultrasound at five, seven, and nine weeks; and visits with the pregnancy nurse after each ultrasound. At my last appointment she told me that I had been one of her favorite patients because I was so easy! I imagine that most of the patients are women dealing with true infertility, so it must be stressful, because although by the time they are seeing her they are pregnant, she's supposed to do her best to make sure they stay that way. She put me on 400 mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day, and 200 mg oral progesterone 1x/day, and at my last appt. gave me a weaning schedule which I haven't followed exactly -- I was supposed to do a week of cutting the morning suppository in half, but the first time I tried to it was a dismal failure, so I just continued with 2x/day for that week then went to 1x/day. I'm almost done with the suppositories (HALLELUJAH) and then will have another week of the oral (I think.)

At eleven weeks I had my first appointment with Dr. Siefring. Eric got off work early and met me there. My appt. time was 12:45. We arrived at 12:30. At 2:00 they finally called us back to a room. I walked out of the office after 3:00. *sigh* apparently nothing has changed. At least for the hour that we were in a room someone was with us most of the time, whether the assistant or the doctor himself. When Dr. S walked in and recognized me he asked, "Are you with child?" Eric started laughing and Dr. S said, "That's the only time I see her!" Which is mostly true. He spent a lot of time trying to figure out my actual due date -- since the other office HAD to go by my LMP giving me a due date of Feb. 1, but I know I ovulated on May 15 giving me a due date of Feb. 5, there is a four day difference. So, because four days is just too much of a difference, he finally said that we'll schedule a dating ultrasound. Not to complain about an ultrasound, but seriously, four days? Yeesh.

Evelyn is still at the office which is great, I really like her. (In fact, Evelyn is on my list of girl names but I don't think Eric likes it.)

I had to have a pap smear which was my third in ten months! I think I'm good for the next three years at least.

He let Eric use the doppler to find the heartbeat. It took a few tries but we finally did hear it. It's always relieving to hear it at those early appointments. 

I've felt really well overall this whole time. Morning sickness was very minimal, and I haven't noticed any nausea at all over the last couple of weeks so I think I'm past that. It took a while for my breasts to become tender which was a little worrisome at first, but they finally started filling out and getting sore. I still have days of being really tired -- we had a week of company followed immediately by a week of vacation Bible school which wiped me out. Yesterday I laid down for what was supposed to be a thirty-minute rest, and ended up passing out for an hour and a half!

I had the bloated/thick look for weeks. That kinda sucked since I felt like I just looked fat. However, since it was high I've been able to wear regular clothes. I'm definitely popping out more now, though, and I feel like I finally look actually pregnant. Just in the past couple of weeks have I noticed that skirts are getting snug in the waist. I have several casual summery dresses which have worked out pretty well. There are a couple that look silly now because of where the waistband hits, but the rest I should be able to wear for the rest of the summer. However, I'm starting to grow out of Sunday-church-appropriate attire. I searched through Target clearance last weekend and found a couple of maternity dresses, the first maternity I've worn so far. One cost more than I really cared to pay, but Eric talked me into it and I'm glad he did. It's super-comfy and I got a lot of compliments!

Lastly, I'm starting to feel some movement. It's hard to distinguish, but I'll occasionally feel 3 or 4 thumps or bumps in the same place. This is definitely the earliest I've felt movement! I love it, it's my favorite part of being pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment